Useful information about Batumi and Georgia
Batumi Museum of Art
Many tourists come to Batumi mainly for relaxing on the Black Sea. But in addition to the warm sea and the sandy beach, I want to find other entertainment. In Batumi, you can arrange this for yourself by visiting the Museum of Art.
1. A bit of museum history.
The construction of the art museum for more than a hundred years. In the forties of the 20th century, it was designed by the famous Kakha Javakhishvilv. The facade was adorned by Tamara Abekelia, famous in Abkhazia, and its decorations flicker freeze in the works of not only beginning artists, but also venerable masters. Previously, exhibits related to the revolution were exhibited in this building. In perestroika times, it was decided to change the direction of the museum and open a national museum. This building was perfectly suited to this day it is the main center of Georgian culture.
The interior has been preserved in good condition from the last century and a beautiful staircase, with impressive balustrades in the museum building, is still admired by visitors. The delight experienced by people extends to the square, where you can meditate under the murmur of water in the fountain, looking at interesting sculptures.
2. What is included in the museum.
The chamberness of the museum allows you to consider in detail the submitted works, to think over the ideas that the authors of artistic creations pursued.
About five hundred objects are located on an area of just over four hundred meters. The art museum stores graphics and paintings, samples of decorative art. The exposition is represented by the works of sculptors. Beautiful tapestries are located on the walls of the museum. The bulk of the artwork was created by Georgian masters. The entire exhibition is divided into:
- The art of ancient Georgia is represented by enamels belonging to the Hakhul triptych. A feature of the triptych is the icon of the Mother of God. Deep in the heart are the works of Niko Pirosmani, striking in their shades of works by Lado Gudiashvili. Georgian painter David Kakibadze showed in his paintings the power of the mountains surrounding the people living in this country and the variety of shades,
- the art of the Soviet period of time,
- the work of the schools of realism has always been of interest to both the layman and those versed in art. This direction, together with marinism, most fully reveals the trends and trends of Russian art of the last century,
- the art of the East,
- the art of the peoples of Western Europe,
- The creative intelligentsia presents contemporary Georgian art in the museum.
3. Educational activities of the museum.
Public Education one of the main activities of the museum staff.
In an art studio, children, together with adults, join the history of art and aesthetics, realize their creative potential. The rest of the time, lectures are given to art students and consultations are held.
A feature of the museum is its guides, who can tell all about the exhibits in Russian, Georgian and English.
4. Museum address.
It is possible to discover the museum along Zurab Gorgiladze Street, Building 8. You need to get on route 2A or 17 to the stop & laquo; City Hall & raquo; or to a stop & laquo; Conservatory & raquo; on route 7.
The museum will bring true pleasure to those who love this country and seek to get to know it better.